Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Microteaching.

Wow~!! Time flies really fast without we realise it,
and we, my fellow Macquarians and I, are already in Week 3 of our first semester.
Soon, most of us from Macquarie will do our microteaching presentation. For instance this week, we have Wanee and Peri who will deliver their presentations.
I wish best of luck to the both of you..

Apart from the Microteaching presentation, which is a 10-minute teaching, we also have to go to the selected schools for the observation task. I guess most of my friends in (fellow teacher trainees) other universities have to go to school too, either for their practicum (teaching) or just for an observation. Whatever it is, I hope we'll gain a lot of new knowledge as well as various and distinct teaching approaches and methods during the period of going to the local schools in Aussie, NZ and UK. Personally, I really hope to learn new and beneficial things during my observation at the local school in Aussie later. I would like to observe the students-teachers rapport inside and outside of the classroom, I would like to know how the school set up the school rules, how is the students social behaviour between thier peers, with other races and with those non-native speakers.. The curriculum of the school also should not be taken lightly. For example in Australia, different states have their own curriculum plan and in New South Wales it is named NSW Board of Studies. And different schools have different school systems and each school is not restricted to the plan that is provided by the BOS but of course, they are encouraged to follow the plan provided. There whole lot of other things too which are, for me, an eye-opening in comparison to our own standardised curriculum.

As to that, if there's any of you would like to share anything in regards to our school observations or microteaching presentations and the likes.. I think it would be interesting to see some pictures or videos here posted by any of you.. hehehe..

Until then,
All the best everyone!!
Lets do our best while we are here!!

[fuMy]

1 Comments:

At 12:18 am, March 21, 2007 , Blogger Miss Aini said...

yes, all the best everyone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home